OVER $11,000 IN PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTED AT 2ND ANNUAL “MANUFACTURERS NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD JULY 29 AT STATELINE SPEEDWAY FOR SWEENEY RUSH PRO MODS
By Mike Leone
August 7, 2017 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Busti, NY)…The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Pro Mod Series powered by Pace Performance held the second annual "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance on July 29 at Stateline Speedway as over $11,000 in products was distributed to the 16 competing Pro Mod racers!
The 16 cars on hand was the highest for the second-year division attracting drivers from Pennsylvania and New York. With 30 prizes valued at a minimum of $200 up to $1,115, 14 of the 16 drivers left the Busti, New York facility with two prizes.
Current Sweeney Weekly Series point leader, Dennis Lunger, Jr., captured the 25-lap special event victory and won prizes from Jones Racing Products, Pace Performance, and K&N valuing $675.
2015 "Futures Cup" Champion, Zach Johnson, may have finished last in the feature; however, the nearby Jamestown, NY teen was the lucky recipient of the grand prize of four GM Metric Calipers and three bottles of high performance brake fluid valued at $1,115 compliments of TBM Brakes! And not did Johnson win the grand prize, but was one of the 14 drivers to win a second prize as he also received a Pro Billet Chevy V-8 Distributor with Cap & Rotor, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set from MSD adding another $550 in value!
"It was great to see the support at this event as the Pro Mod division continues to grow," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "We have to thank the Scott Family for helping us to develop the class last year at Stateline and then McKean County Raceway and Old Bradford Speedway, who came on board this year. We were able to increase the number of prizes from 18 last year to 30 this year with the value going from over $7,000 last year to over $11,000 this year! We cannot thank all of our great marketing partners that allow us to present these tremendous Manufacturers Nights for all of our divisions."
MSD Performance presents all of the RUSH "Manufacturers Nights". The inaugural one on the asphalt side was held at Jennerstown Speedway on August 5. August 19 will be the new "traveling" one for the dirt Late Model and will be held at Winchester Speedway, while the sixth annual one for the entire region for Late Models takes place on August 20 at Tri-City Raceway Park. Sharon Speedway hosts the RUSH Sportsman Modified one on August 26, while the Pro Stock event will take place at the "Steel City Stampede" at Lernerville Speedway on October 14.
"Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance
Product Giveaway Winners List
1. TBM Brakes - 4 GM Metric Brake Calipers & 3 Bottles TBM High Performance Brake Fluid ($1,115) (Zach Johnson)
2. Holley - Holley LTS 4150 Aluminum Ultra XP 650 CFM Carb ($780) (Steve Dixon)
3. MSD Performance- MSD 6ALN Ignition Control, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.55mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set ($630) (Jason Covey)
4. Ultra Shield- 1 VS Halo Seat/Cover Combo ($630) (Dennis Asel)
5. MSD Performance- Pro Billet Chevy V-8 Distributor with Cap & Rotor, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set ($550) (Zach Johnson)
6. Schoenfeld Headers- One Set of Custom Long Tube Crate Pro Mod Headers & Mufflers ($500) (Jarrod Silvis)
7. FK Rod Ends- Complete set of 4150 Black Rod Ends ($500) (Kevin Ruhlman)
8. FK Rod Ends- Complete set of 4150 Black Rod Ends ($500) (Matt Harvey)
9. Jones Racing Products- Complete Serpentine Belt Drive System & Hustler Fan ($475) (Dennis Lunger, Jr.)
10. Sherwood Wheels- Two 8" Steel Wheels, One Beadlock, One Non-Beadlock ($350) (Chad Carlson)
11. Sherwood Wheels- Two 8" Steel Wheels, One Beadlock, One Non-Beadlock ($350) (Brian Mohawk)
12. Maxima Racing Oil- Maxima Racer Appreciation Package -Contains 14 Valuable Products ($350) (Justin Carlson)
13. Joe Willcox Performance Automatics- Complete Transmission Rebuild/Refresh ($300) (Dennis Hagg)
14. Out-Pace Products- 1 Set of Tie Rods & 1 Pinion Plate Frame Mount & 3 Bottles TBM High Performance Brake Fluid ($300) (Ryan Scott)
15. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300) (Kevin Ruhlman)
16. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300) (Kevin Decker)
17. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300) (Ryan Scott)
18. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300) (Dennis Axel)
19. Bilstein Shocks- 2 RUSH Sealed Spec Shocks ($270) (Steve Dixon)
20. Close Racing Supply- $250 Gift Certificate ($250) (Jason Covey)
21. Hoosier Tire (Applebee Motorsports/Close Racing Supply)- 2 Hoosier Spec Tires ($240) (Scott Gurdak)
22. Sunoco Race Fuels (Insinger Performance)- Drum of RUSH 91 ($220) (Rich Michael, Jr.)
23. QuickCar Racing Products/K&N- 3 Gauge Panel Assembly & $50 K&N Gift Card ($200) (Jarrod Silvis)
24. Pace Performance/K&N- Pace Performance/$100 Gift Card & K&N $100 Gift Card ($200) (Dennis Lunger, Jr.)
25. 955 Automotive- 1 GM 602/604 Tune-up Package (Springs, case of Oil, filter, plugs) ($200) (Scott Gurdak)
26. Quick Fuel- $200 Product Certificate ($200) (Chad Carlson)
27. Quick Fuel- $200 Product Certificate ($200) (Dennis Hagg)
28. Earl's Performance Products- $200 Product Certificate ($200) (Matt Harvey)
29. Earl's Performance Products- $200 Product Certificate ($200) (Brian Mohawk)
30. Superior Steering Wheel/Ultra Shield- One Custom Steering Wheel & (1) 5 Point Shoulder Harness & 1 Box 200 Tearoffs ($270) (Kevin Decker)
RUSH Pro Mod marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Earl's Performance Plumbing, Quick Fuel Technology, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oil, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, Precise Racing Products, TBM Brakes, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, CrateInsider.com, RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.
For more information, contact the RUSH office at 724-964-9300 or e-mail [email protected] A RUSH Pro Mod website is currently under development and will be soon online at www.rushpromods.com. Like the RUSH Pro Mods on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rushpromods and follow us on Twitter @RUSHProMods