OVER $7000 IN PRODUCT DISTRIBUTED AT INAUGURAL SWEENEY
RUSH PRO MOD MFG NIGHT PRESENTED BY MSD ON AUGUST 6 AT STATELINE
By Mike Leone
August 8, 2016 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)…Albeit a week delayed due to Mother Nature, the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Pro Mods powered by Pace Performance held their inaugural "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance on Saturday night (August 6) at Stateline Speedway in Busti, New York as over $7,000 in products were distributed!
Ten of the 12 Pro Mods on hand were eligible for the product giveaways being legal GM 604 or 602 crate engines on the sealed, spec Bilstein Shocks and RUSH 91 pump gas. Eight of those drivers received two prize packages as each package started with a minimum value of $200.
Justin Carlson captured the $600 to-win special for the division and was the lucky recipient of another $620 in product including two Sherwood 8" steel wheels (one beadlock, one non-beadlock) along with two spec Bilstein Shocks! The big "winner" of the night though was fourth place finisher Scott Gurdak. The Bear Lake, Pa. veteran, who turned 58 on Sunday, won the grand prize of four GM metric brake calipers and three bottles of brake fluid worth $1,115 compliments of TBM Brakes in addition to a complete set of 4150 black FK Rod Ends worth another $500!
MSD Performance, which is the presenting sponsor of all four Series "Manufactures Nights", posted the second most valuable prize, which was a MSD 6ALN Ignition Control, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set valued at $630. That prize was won by Dennis Asel, Jr., who also won a GM 602/604 tune-up package valued at $200 compliments of 955 Automotive.
"Futures Cup" point leader, Brian Mohawk finished ninth in the feature, but certainly didn't leave empty handed as he won the third top prize, a 48-piece Quick Crew apparel package valued at $600 compliments of Classic Ink, in addition to two Sherwood 8" steel wheels (one beadlock, one non-beadlock) valued at another $350!
Though he wasn't one of the big prize winners, Jason Covey had this to say about the night, "Special thanks going out to Vicki Emig and the RUSH Racing Series. It's amazing what you do to give back and promote for all of our teams. Last night we won a 3-gauge panel assembly and a $50 gift certificate courtesy of QuickCar Racing Products and CrateInsider.com; also won a drum of Sunoco RUSH 91 race fuel from Insinger Performance. Thank you! This was only part of the $7,000 they gave away to us last night all on top of our over $15,000 point fund. We all need to support the ones that are making this all possible- they're a great group of promoters and businesses."
"We cannot thank the Scott Family enough for giving us the opportunity to begin developing the RUSH Pro Mod division at Stateline Speedway and hosting this great event," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "Also thanks to the inaugural class of racers who believed in the concept and have helped us lay a foundation for the success of the class into the future. The Pro Mod division has paralleled both our RUSH Late Models and RUSH Sportsman Modifieds in its beginning stages as far as car counts and we fully except the same exceptional growth spurts in the next few years for this crate engine E-Mod-type division. We gave away over $17,000 in product at our Sportsman Modified Manufacturers Night in June and will give away over $40,000 in product at our upcoming Late Model Manufacturers Night!"
Through the tremendous support of our great corporate marketing partners, RUSH Pro Mod racers will share in over $22,500 of value in the first year of their program, via their point fund and "Manufacturers Night". The Pro Mod program values will continue to grow, as have the other divisions competing under the RUSH banner through their development, as we look forward to awarding over $225,000 in cash and actual product to RUSH racers this season!
Special thanks to following companies that donated to the inaugural RUSH Pro Mod "Manufacturers Night": 955 Automotive, Applebee Motorsports, Bilstein Shocks, Classic Ink, Close Racing Supply, CrateInsider.com, FK Rod Ends, Insinger Performance, Jones Racing Products, K&N Filters, Maxima Racing Oil, MSD Performance, Out-Pace Products, Pace Performance, Precise Racing Products/HTMA, QuickCar, Sherwood Wheels, Sunoco Race Fuels, TBM Brakes, and Joe Willcox Performance Automatics.
"Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance
Product Giveaway Winners List
1. TBM Brakes - 4 GM Metric Brake Calipers & 3 Bottles TBM High Performance Brake Fluid ($1,115) (Scott Gurdak)
2. MSD Performance - MSD 6ALN Ignition Control, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set ($630) (Dennis Hagg, Jr.)
3. Classic Ink - Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600) (Brian Mohawk)
4. FK Rod Ends - Complete set of 4150 Black Rod Ends ($500) (Dennis Asel)
5. FK Rod Ends - Complete set of 4150 Black Rod Ends ($500) (Scott Gurdak)
6. Jones Racing Products - Complete Belt Drive System & 3 Blade Hustler Fan ($475) (Kelly Frederes)
7. Sherwood Wheels - Two 8" Steel Wheels, one Beadlock & one non-Beadlock ($350) (Justin Carlson)
8. Sherwood Wheels - Two 8" Steel Wheels, one Beadlock & one non-Beadlock ($350) (Brian Mohawk)
9. Maxima Racing Oil - Maxima Racer Appreciation Package Containing 14 Valuable Product ($350) (Bill Silvis)
10. Joe Willcox Performance Automatics - Complete Transmission Rebuild/Refresh ($300) (Zach Johnson)
11. Out-Pace Products - 1 Set of Tie Rods, 1 Pinion Plate Frame Mount & 3 Bottles TBM High Performance Brake Fluid ($300) (Bill Silvis)
12. Bilstein Shocks - 2 RUSH Sealed Spec Shocks ($270) (Justin Carlson)
13. Close Racing Supply - $250 Gift Certificate ($250) (Dennis Hagg, Jr.)
14. Hoosier Tire (Applebee Motorsports/Close Racing Supply) - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires ($240) (Zach Johnson)
15. Sunoco Race Fuels (Insinger Performance) - Drum of RUSH 91 Pump Gas ($220) (Jason Covey)
16. QuickCar Racing Products/CrateInsider.com - 3 Gauge Panel Assembly & $50 Gift Certificate for CrateInsider.com ($200) (Jason Covey)
17. Pace Performance/CrateInsider.com/K&N - Pace Performance $100 Gift Certificate, CrateInsider.com $50 Gift Certificate & K&N $50 Gift Certificate ($200) (Jeramy Williams)
18. 955 Automotive - 1 GM 602/604 Tune-up Package (Springs,1 Case Brad Pen Oil, Wix Filter, NGK Plugs) ($200) (Dennis Asel)
For more information, contact the RUSH office at 724-964-9300 or e-mail [email protected] A RUSH Pro Mod website is currently under development and will be soon online at www.rushpromods.com. Like the RUSH Pro Mods on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rushpromods and follow us on Twitter @RUSHProMods